- Social Pharmacy is a field of health science which generates knowledge about drugs in actual use; it focuses on evaluation of the social consequences of an individual’s exposure to any drug and factors related to its utilization
- TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) or CM is a style of traditional medicine built on a foundation of more than 2,500 years of Chinese medical practice that includes various forms of herbal medicine, acupuncture, massage, exercise, and dietary therapy, but recently also influenced by modern Western medicine.
- Salutogenesis focuses on factors that support human health and
well-being, rather than on factors that cause disease (pathogenesis). More specifically, the “salutogenic model” is concerned with the relationship between health, stress, and coping.
In this project we develop a Joint Course for comparative study of current developments in social pharmacology as it is developed under influences from Eastern TCM and Western salutogenesis.
The course in Kladdebok is called
A collaborative initiative to strengthen this work has been taken by the School of Medical Information Engineering, Guangzhou University of Chinese Medicine, China and MOOCAHUSET, Oslo Metropolitan University, Norway.
- Program, Visiting Scholar Xiaohuan Yu 2nd Quarter 2018
- Elseviere Search
- edX: Global Health Case Studies
- The composition and roles of different members of a patient’s healthcare team.
- An overview of how the human body works and the key systems within it.
- An overview of the fundamentals of chemistry: elements, bonds, molecular structures and intermolecular interaction.
- The importance of the chemical design of medicines to their treatment of specific conditions (pharmacology).
- The importance of the design, delivery and dosage of medicines to their effectiveness (pharmaceutics).
- Diabetes and how hypoglycaemics work to treat it.
- Heart disease and how atorvastatin works to treat it.
- Pain and how morphine works to treat it.
- Smoking and how treatments for nicotine addiction work.
- Depression and how antidepressants work to treat it.