PISA X (Global) is aimed at teaching and technical staff in higher education who plan to develop online courses for their students.
The full program is itself built on a set of self-contained online courses that are available for free on the Internet. In addition there is an overarching and integrative course, also free of charge, from Oslo Metropolitan University. The program comprises a three-day workshop in Oslo.
The PISA X (Global) program has three components
- PISA X. A 20-hour MOOC from Oslo Metropolitan University
- xSeries MOOCs (excerpts)
- PISA W. Three-day face-to-face workshop in Oslo, Norway or other locations.
1 PISA X from OsloMet (20 hours)
Free online course offered by Oslo Metropolitan University (OsloMet).
- NEW USER?
[NOTE for Norwegian participants: If you’re eligible please use FEIDE]
- When your email is confirmed the course will be available here.
In this program we use the Open edX platform. See short introduction.
All edX courses are organized by the four hierarchical levels Sections, Subsections, Units and Elements:
- Sections. These are also called modules in PISA-X. Each PISA module is expected to require about three hours of work.
- Subsections. Each subsection may be seen as a learning sequence.
- Units. Each subsection consists of one or more units. Each unit is a distinct web page. Content is stored at the unit level. All pages in a subsection are visible as tabs.
- Components. Each unit consists of one or more components on the page. A component may contain textual content, a video etc.
PISA-X contains these seven sections or modules
- PISA model. Access to the Studio editor
- Content production
- Texts and copyright
- Images and copyright
2 edX Course Creator (xSeries) 15 hours from edX.org.
- DemoX : Explore the edX Learning Experience. (Formally outside the xSeries Program. Use 10 minutes or more..)
- edX101: Overview of Creating an edX Course (1-2 hours)
- BlendedX: Blended Learning with edX (3-4 hours)
- StudioX: Creating a Course with edX Studio (first half only, 10-12 hours, includes exercises)
- VideoX: Creating video for the edX platform. 4-8 hours.
3 PISA W (15 hours, 1 and 2 are required).
This is an intensive three day training event (workshop) that is held in Oslo, Norway or some other location.
The online courses created by edX can be taken at any time. For a quick introduction to edX, and to online learning in general, we suggest you start with the one hour course DemoX (1 hour) and continue with edX101.
- What will you learn from the PISA Global Program?
- Publishing Images & Video on the Web
- Planning Your Time – Time Budget
- Access to Studio Editor